Thursday, May 2, 2013

A year that went by...

2009 was a wonderful and eventful year of my life. It was a memorable one in many different ways. I recollect the series of events that has happened over the year as i write this blog down..

It all started in January when i was given full assistantship and this marked a beginning of 2009. I was half TA and half RA then. I had a very first experience of TAing ( rather teaching) a class and when all the time i have been thinking i was doing a good job of teaching students and making them learn , I ended up with a warning from my graduate advisor on my TAing skills !! I was like WHAT? I figured that the students have kinds screwed me in feedback from :P. I instantly knew where I was wrong. I had forgotten that these are American students!! and so , in the next term i concentrated more on giving then Marks then on teaching them the course!!. without digressing too much from the intent of the post, back to February 2009. This month too had something unexpected in stored for me. My first paper was accepted in IEEE-ISCAS conference for presentation. A bunch of other group members too had their papers accepted for the same and it was a celebration time for all of us. I was happy that finally i registered my name in IEEE!! But then came along March, I had little down side events when my project began to fall apart and my advisors interest got shifted to some other area. I had to stop everything what i have been doing for last 2-3 months and had to began working on a new idea. April, May and June went by doing some hard work on this new project and culminated in to a tapeout of my first chip. It was my first chip , fully designed by me, was sent out for fabrication. A very nice experience on the entire flow of IC manufacturing process from idea-to-design-layout-fabrication-and then to testing! This was although not a very good idea that i was satisfied with , to do a quick tapeout, but as the year went by i figured that what mattered that i had an exposure to entire IC design process. And then the summer of 2009!! This was my first summer in the US and had never imagined what it could be like as compared to when i saw what it was like. Not to much surprise it was little hot but i guess it was way tooo hot for hot babes here in Corvallis. I street i stay has lots of college undergrad students and it looked like i was in the ocean of bikini clad , sexy looking, white babes laying in front of their houses taking sunbath. I was in the total shock that every one around me , where ever i go, was either topless or was in bikinis. I wont say it was easy controlling situation for me ((if you know what i mean!!) But that was just the beginning of summer. As June ended and July came barging , i was all set to go to Seattle. A wonderful place , home of software giant MS . I was loving it and more then that i had home food at my brother's place!!

No comments: